Cast Iron Benefits
Cast iron is suited to rainwater and soil drainage systems. There are many benefits of cast iron guttering to the customer and the contractor, which include:
- Low maintenance – Cast iron guttering requires little ongoing maintenance, annual inspections are recommended but remedial action is rarely required.
- Design capability – Cast iron can meet the needs of restoration, refurbishment, conservation and heritage work as well as new, bespoke and unique designs.
- Cost-effective – Owing to its longevity, low maintenance, fire resistance and low noise operation, the cost benefits of cast iron are significant.
- Strength and durability – Cast iron is able to withstand the rigours of on-site handling, mechanical de-blocking and vandalism.
- Long-life – When correctly installed cast iron drainage systems will last the life of the building, whether domestic, public, industrial or commercial.
- Sustainability – In addition to lasting the life of a building and requiring minimal maintenance, cast iron is also 100% recyclable.